The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for some advice. If you could help me out at all that would be great. I just saved a betta from one of my coworkers. He was being kept in a 2 gallon, unheated, very dirty tank. He has a more-than-mild case of fin rot. I have a 5 gallon currently cycling for him but it unfortunately won't be ready for at least a couple of weeks so he'll have to stay in the two gallon for a bit. I do have a heater for him at least. I got stresscoat, and am planning on doing daily 25-50% water changes. Is there anything else I should do to keep him more comfortable in the meantime? I bought some aquarium salt but I wasn't sure if I should use that now or see how he does with some clean water first. There are some plants in his temporary home, should I take them out before dosing aquarium salt if I end up going that route? I've attached some pictures, he's got some funny coloring that worries me.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
He actually doesn't look too bad. Clean water and a good environment should clear that right up. I would go ahead and just do a fish in cycle of his permanent tank, since I doubt his current tank is cycled either. If it is, you can just put his old filter in the new tank. But clean water should be enough for him to get better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.