The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this awful fad had died out, but it's back. The local Kmart now this year is selling these, already made, with the plant, the betta, and marbles for $20 as "fish ponds", saying they are self-sustaining, the fish needs no food and specifically to NEVER change the water so the plant will grow, only to top it off. The vases are only half filled (leaving the plants roots in open air, dried out and shriveled), the plants blackened with frost damage, and the water so yellow you can barely see the fish inside, which was already dead in about 1/3 of them. And some were in the foyer between the in and out doors, where it is about 50 degrees. I've never seen these offered for sale already made - the pet stores sell the vases, lilies, and bettas separately but never already assembled - and especially never by Kmart, who knows nothing about the fish and simply following the directions on the tags never changes the water in the bowls and know nothing about their temperature needs. It looks like they've been there for weeks. Hopefully, with all of the fish dead nobody will buy them and the store won't order this product again. Obviously, I didn't buy anything at a store that would sell animals like this. I'm disgusted.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
:(

*sends Reiki to all fish in horrible conditions, and to shift the consciousness of those who view them simply as commodities rather than beings*

1 - 2 of 2 Posts