The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I bought a very posh Petco betta who will only accept frozen bloodworms. He may have been eating pellets (he had some on the bottom of his little cup), but since I brought him home he has spit out every dried food I've tried:

Fluval bugbites (pellets and flakes)
Spectrum pellets

That's not cheap food but it's not good enough for my betta! I'd like to get him on pelletized food mainly for the "full spectrum" vitamins that it seems bloodworms lack. Do you just have to wait on feeding to let them get really hungry?

And I'm actually curious whether feeding only bloodworms IS bad for a betta. If bettas in the wild are just eating bugs - is there really harm in eating only one kind of bug?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I had the same problem with one of my bettas a while back. I fixed his picky-ness by making a garlic juice from crushed and strained garlic cloves and then soaking his pellets in it before feeding them to him. dunno why but fish tend to love garlic. its also how i got one of my sick tetras to eat.

BTW if you ever have problems with your betta, just go to "bettafish.com". It's a forum much like this one, except geared specifically toward Betta fish.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I bought a very posh Petco betta who will only accept frozen bloodworms. He may have been eating pellets (he had some on the bottom of his little cup), but since I brought him home he has spit out every dried food I've tried:

Fluval bugbites (pellets and flakes)
Spectrum pellets

That's not cheap food but it's not good enough for my betta! I'd like to get him on pelletized food mainly for the "full spectrum" vitamins that it seems bloodworms lack. Do you just have to wait on feeding to let them get really hungry?

And I'm actually curious whether feeding only bloodworms IS bad for a betta. If bettas in the wild are just eating bugs - is there really harm in eating only one kind of bug?
"Little cup?" please tell me I misread this and your pet is something 3+ gallons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.