The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
earlier this week i lost a bunch of fish in my 20 gallon due to a CO2 malfunction. this morning went to feed my bettas, and found one of them dead on the substrate with a touch of red sticking out of his mouth. when i investigated, it was a whole RCS (also dead).
the shrimp hitchhiked into the tank as a shrimplet, and has been evading the bettas for almost a year. now one finally caught him, but the idiot tried to swallow him whole. shrimp doubtlessly got stuck on the way down and the betta was unable to breath.

just thought it would be worth putting out there that the whole bettas with shrimp can end badly for the betta as well as for the shrimp (since i often see ghost shrimp, amanos, and cherries listed as suitable tankmates for bettas with the warning that some bettas will try to eat them).

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im kinda surprised actually.
i spoil them rotten, im conditioning for breeding right now, so they are getting generous portions of frozen food. id figure that his motivation to catch the shrimp should be at its lowest right now. but oh well, nothing i can do now.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
yeah im kinda surprised actually.
i spoil them rotten, im conditioning for breeding right now, so they are getting generous portions of frozen food. id figure that his motivation to catch the shrimp should be at its lowest right now. but oh well, nothing i can do now.
One of my old crowntails snacked on guppy fry till he popped...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts