The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Went to check on my favorite betta fish Prism just a little while ago, turned on the light to his tank to see him on the ground. That right there isn't abnormal, but I did notice a tiny white bump on his head. I watched a little more as he started swimming, then he faced that side of his head to me and I nearly fainted. There's a white lump on his head, quite small but the area around it is raised and red looking between his raised scales. That is the ONLY spot on him with raised scales, I think because of internal pressure.

All my googling efforts have led me to ich, even though I might just be doing a shabby job of googling due to stress (I just bought him a girlfriend to breed with, I can't lose him now!) and fatigue.

5 gallon tank, pH is 7.1-ish, ammonia/nitrites 0, nitrates 20ish. He'd had buddies his entire time here, I recently sold them (cories) but I don't think that has anything to do with this.

Help?

My phone is dead and he's swimming around with as much vigor as ever so I can't get a good photo. I'll try tomorrow.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I did an epsom bath and cleaned his tank (he's in a 5 gallon corner tank) and the white spot is gone. He still has a raised irritated area with raised scales. I'm hoping this is the worst it will get, I've had him for two years now, he's seen me go through successes and catastrophes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.