The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My betta has this hanging from one of her gills ( I circled it in red). Its about a quarter inch long. I've never seen this before, not sure if its a parasite, fungal infection or something she sucked up? She's in a flower vase by herself with a couple of moss balls and one random plant. She's acting normal. I've had her for about 3 months. What is it? and how do I get rid of it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anchor worm?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
I looked up anchor worm, not sure if that's what it is. I don't understand how she got it. She's by herself and I haven't added anything to her tank in 3 months. Could it be something she sucked up when breathing, like a piece of fuzz?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
There is a cover inside the gill that can be a different color from the fish. I had a whit one with a black cover sticking out under the gill. It scared me too but was harmless. Watch for odd behavior. If it was parasites the fish would pry act odd.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a cover inside the gill that can be a different color from the fish. I had a whit one with a black cover sticking out under the gill. It scared me too but was harmless. Watch for odd behavior. If it was parasites the fish would pry act odd.
I don't understand what u mean by cover. What causes the white stringy things?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts