The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a betta sit in a 10 gal planted tank with black skirt tetras andharlequinns? I found some small (very tiny) snails in the java moss that I bought and put into my tank from tehe LFS and heard that betta's will eat them.....also would it be safe to mix shrimp and bettas together?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I have trumpet snails and from time to time they get out of hand. Best thing that works for me is to trap them with food. I place a heavy sauce dish in the tank with sinking pellets in it, and in no time it gets overrun with snails. Then I simply remove the dish and voila! No chemicals, no more other types of snails, no purchasing of other fish that may not be compatible, and best of all, it's cheap.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha ok roger that...any idea what fish I should add to the tank once the shrimp are in there? the blackskirts and harlequinns will be gone from the tank...I have thought about adding 4-6 more harlequinns and just removing the black skirts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.