The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My betta is 2 years old roughly, I've had him for 2 years. He's in a 20 gallon with 6 neon tetras, an oto, and 2 nerite snails and live plants..

About a year ago his eyes turned white. I've treated him with numerous products like seachem paraguard and a couple others that were recommended by my local fish store. Nothing seems to help. They said it was cataracts, but I'd like to make sure there's nothing else I can do. None of the other fish have any issues and all tests in the API master test kit come back perfect. He has no white on him anywhere but his eyes.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Bettas are very prone to growths like that over their eyes if they come from lines bred to produce "dragon scales". I think that's what you're seeing here.

There's not much you can do, though it shouldn't affect his health beyond his loss of vision. If he's eating well and otherwise healthy, he'll probably do fine long-term, but it's sad that extreme selective breeding has done that to them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.