The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve recently tried breeding bettas so far so good but my male is not very good at making bubble nests. They are very small and seem to pop kind of easily. Since i’m new to breeding bettas I’m not sure if this is a bad thing. Is it? And if so what can i do to help him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
You can do something like add extra material like floating plants for the male to incorporate into his nest!

You can also add something like a solo cup or styrofoam cup cut in half to make a more humid environment which means bubbles won't pop as much.

Finally, if you have any really strong filters, you can turn down their flow to prevent it from disrupting bubble rafts!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok! Thank you so much! I did have some floating HornWort in there with him
but where ever it was he seemed to no want to build his nest. Also when I woke up this morning he had a bigger bubble nest and hardly any of the bubbles were popping, but i’ll still try the cup method to give him a little extra help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.