The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bugger, turns out that my research was wrong...

I had added a small colony of Endler's livebearers, 3 males and 3 females to my tank which contained a male betta and everything had been fine for a few weeks. The betta gave them an inital chase, but shortly thereafter gave up as they were much faster and as the tank is quite heavily planted.

But today when I was about to feed I noticed the male Endler's were missing, and that I had rather a fat betta... which might explain why I haven't seen but one of my cherry shrimp lately either, ouch...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think bettas can get along well with other fish that won't fin nip them, however it is best to add the other fish first that way they can "claim" the territory. It's always best to add more aggressive fish after the other fish have been established. I keep a male betta in a 10 gallon with 5 white cloud minnows and 3 albino cory cats with no problems. Of course, plants and hiding spaces always help and fish personalities can always differ.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Yup, every one is different.

Mine totally ignored B. brigittae, which are much smaller than Endlers... but did love the Cherry shrimp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts