The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the best website to buy plants from..! im planning to buy a lot of plants ! for my 160 gal.. i live in CALI and i dont know where to get plants from?

im looking for
Anubias Barteri var. Nana 'Petite'
Anubias Barteri Var. Nana Narrowleaf
Anubias Frazeri
Anubias Gigantea
Hedge Cherry Stem or Joseph's Coat
Heteranthera Zosterfolia
Hygrophila Corymbosa
Watersprite
Sagittaria Subulata (Dwarf)
christmas moss
water wisteria
ludwigia repens
ludwigia (different type any attractive type)
potamogeton gayi
proserpinaca palustris
Mermaidweed Combleaf
Myriophyllum Mattogrossense "Green Form"
shinnersia rivubiris
bacopa caroliniana
Sagittaria - Natans

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Aquabid.com has some good plant packages and deals at good prices... The best option I would say though is here. Go to the SnS (swap n shop) and post a WTB (want to buy) thread for those plants. They are usually in better shape than other sources. You tend to get more, they are generally cheaper, and the people on here almost alwasy have what you are looking for. They ship more reliably and faster too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Several of those are very common plants that can also be found in petstores most of the time. I'd recommend avoiding cherry hedge unless you're looking to use it as a house plant. It is not a true aquatic.

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Pretty much everyone here takes PayPal as a payment. If you want to check the seller's reputation, look at their iTrader rating. It's under their avatar.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Bump...

Anyone have advice on buying plants online or on eBay. I'm looking for sites or sellers you would recommend.

I just came back from a trip to Houston and ended up with two terrarium plants.😡 I know my bad... But I was in a rush.. the kids were asleep and the wife was sunburned in the car.. But they don't have any aquarium plants in college station.. I just ran in and picked whatever was under water and looked nice. What are the odds I'd pick two terrarium species? Bummer.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I suppose it just all depends on how much you order and how fast. I spent 105the and did second day air which cost me 3.99......so for me it was a GREAT rate......Prolly not the best for overnight orders u der $50

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.