The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Honeycomb Master
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i've been having issues with getting a lot of green spot algae on the glass of my 85g, and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to scrape it off?

I've been using a big brush, which works fine, but it requires a lot of elbow grease. And when the algae is everywhere on the glass, it's too much work!

I was thinking about getting the stainless steel algae scraper from GLA. Has anyone tried this?

What causes GSA? How can I prevent it?

Thanks,
AzFishKid

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I find I get GSA in areas of my tank that get natural sunlinght. There is a corner on both my 5.5gl desk top nano, and my 33gl nature that get sunlight during certain parts of the day, and its only in those areas that I get GSA. I now close my curtains for an hour or so a day when the sun comes across my room.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I use Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, the original. There are no chemicals or any kind of additive, its just a micro-pore sponge really. Been using them for 3 or 4 years now.

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Best device:

Credit card.

Only good thing they are good for.
100% safe for glass.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
130 Posts
I prefer my AAA card, since I never get to use it for anything else. That's what happens when you buy Japanese-made autos.

On the other hand, credit cards earn me 1-3% on everything I buy, which is useful indeed. It's like a 1.5% discount on my entire life!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts