The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already dose a standard EI schedule, with GH booster as well, but I find my calcium amounts to be lacking. Should I just add more GH or is there something else I should do?

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
What else is in the GH booster you have? Almost always there is magnesium, and often potassium, sometimes other minerals, too.
If adding all of these are OK, and you can add enough GH booster to get the Ca where you want without over dosing the other materials, then go for it.

If you know that all you need is calcium, you might look for calcium chloride.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I may be talking nonsense here, or this may be of no use to you at all. I used to "farm" common pond snails to feed to my green spotted puffers. the snails needed large amounts of calcium to build healthy shells, so I needed to add calcium to the water. I found that the easiest and cheapest way to do this was to drop in holiday feeding blocks. You know, the ones you defiantly would NOT use to feed your fish when away, but are never the less sold for that very purpose buy practically every retailer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.