The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for some high quality 16/22mm (5/8") clear filter tubing, does anyone have suggestions for brands that will retain their diameter without kinks and is completely clear? I'm getting tired of the low quality clear tubing from Home Depot/Lowes that constantly flattens out or kinks restricting flow. I'm guessing this is primarily caused because of the minimal wall thickness of the tubing.

The best quality I've been able to find online is provided by Green Aqua (Green Aqua Transparent Filter Hose 16/20 mm (per meter) at Green Aqua Green Aqua) But I haven't been able to find anything equivalent stateside and they appear not to ship overseas.

The GLA/ADA tubing seems like a decent option but it's crazy expensive for simple tubing.

Has anyone tried the Lee's tubing?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I can recommend "ADA Clear Hose" from Aqua Forest Aquarium(AFA)

I have an Oase Biomaster filter. It comes with dark green, very stiff tubing. I tried some other clear tubing from an online vendor and it arrived with 12 kinks in the 10 foot hose. I asked for and got a refund.

The AD tubing works great and has a secure fit on my 16/22 pipes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Incredibly easy to insert and remove lily pipes and such, soft and flexible without kinks, easier to create bends without having to heat up like vinyl, etc. Outside of the price and not being 100% clear, which I used to be a fan of back in the day, but always seemed to get noticeably dirty within a few weeks and was always a hassle to keep looking good, there really isn't any downside.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.