The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any recommendations for where to purchase replacement pH probes? The prices seem to vary a bit from 35 up to 50 dollars plus shipping and was just wondering if anyone has seen any smokin deals. Aquacave.com seems to be the best so far with Aquariumplants.com having a decent price on the Pinpoint probes. BTW, I do not want to go with the SMS probes because frankly they do not last. I need three.

Thanks for any help the group can provide, and Happy Holidays to everyone!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. Should I be looking at the Gel-filled, double junction probes? From the looks of things, these are much more expensive than the ones on other sites, but maybe I am looking at the wrong thing. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought thi one off of Ebay from the seller (greatdel) It ended up being $17.06 w/shipping. I have not used it yet but I have a feeling that there are not very many manufacturers of these.
Does it show anywhere on the probe what brand it is? I have just seen the difference in quality between the Pinpoint branded replacements and the Milwaukee and just wonder.

Now I may be off in my theory, but the Pinpoint probe has stayed calibrated much longer than the Milwaukee unit. Do you all think this is a function of the probe or the monitor? I have the SMS-122. Personally I thought it was just the cheaper probe, but do not know.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks again!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

·
Registered
530 Posts
How often do you calibrate? You should recalibrate about once a month for accurate readings.

Does it show anywhere on the probe what brand it is? I have just seen the difference in quality between the Pinpoint branded replacements and the Milwaukee and just wonder.

Now I may be off in my theory, but the Pinpoint probe has stayed calibrated much longer than the Milwaukee unit. Do you all think this is a function of the probe or the monitor? I have the SMS-122. Personally I thought it was just the cheaper probe, but do not know.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks again!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I recalibrate once every 6 months :)

With my Pinpoint monitor and probe they are dead on each time. My Milwaukee, it has to be done over and over again. The new probe did not even calibrate as fast or as easy as the Pinpoint.

I think I may just have to eat the cost and get a few of the higher grade probes and try it on my SMS-122s and see how they do. It is that or get another Pinpoint monitor or something like the AC-Jr. So many choices and so little money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.