The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I want to watch my aquarium inhabitants during the day what are some good options for either an internal waterproof camera or some kind of suction cup mount to the glass external cam? Polaroid sold such a set up with their "Cube" camera line, you could buy a suction cup mount to stick the cam on a window or aquarium exterior (with it looking in). However that product is very poorly rated and discontinued. Anyone have a setup like that? I know I can locate a cam in the room pointed at the aquarium but that looks too weird, I want it inside or on the glass.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting tech. I assume these kind of things don't work all that well and there is approx. $12 in slides you have to buy every 30 days. Also while watching ammonia is critical, a well established aquarium has more need to monitor nitrates or something more useful that actually changes one day to the next.

The cam appears to be some kind of regular cam encased in an water resistance clear enclosure. I'm guessing that unit by itself is manufactured independently and may be able to find it somewhere, surely on Alibaba and then find a vendor. Thank you for the link!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts