The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Swagelok needle valve from Swagelok - $30
Misc. brass pieces can be purchased online or from Swagelok distributors for cheap. I got a 20# aluminum tank for $120 new. I also don't run a solenoid.
Can you tell us the part # for the needle valve ?

I am trying to compile a list of things I would need for pressurized Co2.

I am planning to buy a solenoid. There are lots of them on ebay, I am just clueless which one would actually fit the purpose.

What other brass parts do I need ?
I am guessing from co2 tank to regulator I won't need anything, except a perma seal.

From regulator to solenoid do I need any connector ? Or between solenoid and the needle valve ? I am even not sure I need anything between the needle valve and the JBJ bubble counter. The bubble counter seems to have a check valve, if not I guess I will buy a check valve.

All I have decided till now is the 542 or 642 regulator from beveragefactory.com and the JBJ bubble counter. That leaves a solenoid, a needle valve and diffuser. I have seen "metering valve" thrown around a few times here and there, thought needle valve is a type of metering valve. Another thing that gets me confused are hose to NTP adapters. I guess for that all I need is to read the specs of each. :D Life probably would be easier without those adapters. What I am trying to get right now is best bang for the buck. My wife wants to keep a few $100 pair show guppies and I want decent quality CRS - need to set aside money for those too. I don't mind spending money later to buy expensive parts for Co2 one at a time.

Some guidance would be really appreciated.

I really didn't plan to hijack this thread, was planning to open one yesterday, but I thought the answers to my questions would be relevant to what the OP is asking. If not I am extremely sorry.

- Dave

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does this solenoid work ?

Burkert Brass Solenoid Valves Part number 00456782. 120VAC Driving voltage. 1/8"FNPT ports. 174PSI max pressure.

These are 6011 A 1/16 FXM BR.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Darkblade48,

Thanks for the detailed reply, now I have enough info to start buying.

I have read your primer before, that was my starting of researching Co2 equipments.

Appreciate your help !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts