The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i currently have a emporer 400 in my planted 40b im not really happy with the filter breaks alot of top water and it makes the co2 hard to get around the tank because its always getting pushed off to one side it also draws all the plants to the center of the tank what is the best filter in your opinions

·
Plant Clown
4,729 Posts
I do prefer canisters, but cost is sometimes prohibitive. You can always slow flow by using a dense sponge over the intake, and you can redirect flow by clipping something like a cut-out piece of plastic soda bottle over/under the outflow.

I've got an Aquaclear70 on a 25g, and it's a lot of flow. But I've never felt it was too much, except when I let the water level drop and tried to sleep (it's in my bedroom).

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
Oh, 40B and yes I'm a little slow some times, an Eheim 2215 would clean it up nicely, or Fluval 106, the EFU-25 Reaction 4 Stage Canister has a UV light built in but I have no experience with their filters.

Personally I'm a Eheim guy but there are planty of folks here with all different brands from Sun Sun to Odyssea, some value flow over quality or price over quality and so on, keep checking around to see whats most important to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts