The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my first post! haha Anyway, im setting up a grow out tank for juvenile discus and i want to use an under the tank refugium/plant filter. Im trying to figure what the best plant to use would be? I think the main requirements would be obviously very easy to grow (without worrying about adding co2 or TOO MUCH fertilization, preferably something that could grow free floating or atleast pulled most of its required nutrients from the water column, has to grow fast, and not be TOO demanding as far light requirments. Some of the suggestions ive had so far were rotala, hornwort, anacharis and some of the hygrophylia's. But what do you guys think the ideal candidate would be???

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Naja....thanks for the links! I have been following your set up and it is making me think about doing an EPF instead. One of the main reasons i was thing about doing the APF instead of an EPF was that im not totally sure where im going to be setting this tank up. So i dont know if ill have enough natural light and setting the EPF up over tank seems like it could be unsightly even though it is functionable. But the EPF is starting to look like it might be easier to do.

mrbelvedere...thanks for the suggestion, ill def look into it!

shannon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.