The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Hello I'm just getting into more high tech tanks and was wondering where the best place to buy a co2 tank would be. Thanks.
I bought mine from Poist Gas Company (I used their Savage location but they have at least other location). This is also where I go to fill it. Some places do tank exchanges so you may not want to buy a nice shiny tank if you are going to one of those. Poist just refills.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought mine from Poist Gas Company (I used their Savage location but they have at least other location). This is also where I go to fill it. Some places do tank exchanges so you may not want to buy a nice shiny tank if you are going to one of those. Poist just refills.
It's just too far away for me, thanks anyway tho I was looking at maybe robert's oxygen.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
It's just too far away for me, thanks anyway tho I was looking at maybe robert's oxygen.
I've only ever used Poist but I've heard of them. I believe they mostly do exchanges so definitely don't buy a new tank and use them to get it filled. Instead just walk in to their store and buy the tank and get it filled at the same time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Robert's Oxygen does tank exchange, so just buy a used one from them. My experience, tank exchange is more common than true tank refill, so you may have more flexibility of where to go. By the way, I was doing my tank exchange at a home brewing supply store in DC until I figured out their tanks were coming from Robert's anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.