The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to see if any one had any hidden gem places to buy fish in Colorado Springs. I have had a hit and miss time with petco and petsmart. I have had several fish die, and almost infected my tank with ick. Also wanted to see if anyone had any good Endler or fancy guppies they wanted to sell. Thanks!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have piles of Endler/Guppy hybrids.

Here's what they look like

https://vimeo.com/149345363

There aren't any great stores in the Springs. I've heard nothing but good things about the Petsmart (Petco?) near Powers. The person who runs their fish dept. is a fish person, and apparently does a great job there.

The store I've had OK luck with is Seascape. The fish at least are typically healthy, tanks have their own filtration etc.

All the other fish stores I've been to in the springs were straight up bad. Sick fish, neglected tanks. I've walked out of every other store without buying anything, since they all looked sickly and poorly cared for.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have piles of Endler/Guppy hybrids.

Here's what they look like

https://vimeo.com/149345363

There aren't any great stores in the Springs. I've heard nothing but good things about the Petsmart (Petco?) near Powers. The person who runs their fish dept. is a fish person, and apparently does a great job there.

The store I've had OK luck with is Seascape. The fish at least are typically healthy, tanks have their own filtration etc.

All the other fish stores I've been to in the springs were straight up bad. Sick fish, neglected tanks. I've walked out of every other store without buying anything, since they all looked sickly and poorly cared for.
His fish are sweet!

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.