The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
I feel your pain.

There are at least a couple of reasons why 120cm are getting hard to find 1) cost of shipping 2) not in production any more (see 1).
Being in FL does not help either as, to my knowledge, most distributors are on the West Coast.

1. Call all LFS within ~100 mi from you to check if they have any left over stock. Drive to pick it up: you can see the tank before you pay and save on shipping
2. AquaMaxx Premium Low-Iron Aquarium - 12mm Glass
3. ADA Cube Garden 120P Aquarium (Ultra High Clarity Glass) ? Aqua Forest Aquarium
4. ADA fish aquariums the worlds best planted aquarium products
5. https://aqualabaquaria.com/collecti...a-65g-rectangular-aquarium?variant=5687049028
6. Seven ports, they might still have some

3 to 6 are TPT sponsor - you might want to PM them through the forum.

In the end, it's going to cost you. Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel your pain.

There are at least a couple of reasons why 120cm are getting hard to find 1) cost of shipping 2) not in production any more (see 1).
Being in FL does not help either as, to my knowledge, most distributors are on the West Coast.

1. Call all LFS within ~100 mi from you to check if they have any left over stock. Drive to pick it up: you can see the tank before you pay and save on shipping
2. AquaMaxx Premium Low-Iron Aquarium - 12mm Glass
3. ADA Cube Garden 120P Aquarium (Ultra High Clarity Glass) ? Aqua Forest Aquarium
4. ADA fish aquariums the worlds best planted aquarium products
5. https://aqualabaquaria.com/collecti...a-65g-rectangular-aquarium?variant=5687049028
6. Seven ports, they might still have some

3 to 6 are TPT sponsor - you might want to PM them through the forum.

In the end, it's going to cost you. Good luck.

Thanks for this response, I've accepted it going to cost some money I just want to make sure I'm considering all my options. Unfortunately Miami is all about reefing so just about every single LFS is tailored in that direction.

I am actually considering Reefer 350 Complete System (73 Gal) - Red Sea - Bulk Reef Supply

Most people running 120cm size tanks are running with duel canister filters so I figured with a system like the one above with an appropriate GPH pump (1000+), I can run all my inline equipment and not have 4 pieces of lily pipes/returns hanging out the side of the tank.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I would recommend getting Red Sea 425, otherwise 350 would be fine. The water will evaporate like no other....probably need a extra water container since the auto refill tank is small in the Red Sea.

I'm thinking about selling my rimless 120cm for Red Sea 525 XL gotta check the weight to see if it will work (two story house planning to put in the main floor with a basement).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.