The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched around on here a bit and I was kind of surprised that there wasnt a sticky or some older thread listing the online stores that sell livestock.

These are the ones I know of.

www.liveaquaria.com
www.petsolutions.com
www.thatfishplace.com

Are there any other large sites that sell FW fish? Searching on Google I found others that just dealt with Saltwater.

· Registered
6,629 Posts
There are some great vendors right here for sure. Look through the Swap and Shop and you will see alot of their listings.

We usually frown upon "vendor reviews" persay, but their is nothing worng with discussing where to get good fish.

There was a post not to long ago where there were some listed. Will see if I can dig it up for you.

· Registered
2 Posts
I've successfully bought fish from Aquabid.com, I know it is technically not a store and it does get risky buying from people you have never met haha, but I have received some amazing fish. My wild bettas being one of them.

Unfortunately, the only real stores here in Canada and that are close by to me I wouldn't recommend as they focus mainly on making their money and never the health and quality of their fish.

I think your best bet, especially in the states, would be checking out bulk aquatic stores who mainly sell to the smaller stores and seeing if there can be a combined order involved.

· Registered
569 Posts
I searched around on here a bit and I was kind of surprised that there wasnt a sticky or some older thread listing the online stores that sell livestock.

These are the ones I know of.

www.liveaquaria.com
www.petsolutions.com
www.thatfishplace.com

Are there any other large sites that sell FW fish? Searching on Google I found others that just dealt with Saltwater.
It might be helpful if you post what kind of fish you are looking for.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that, I'll check those links out.

It might be helpful if you post what kind of fish you are looking for.
Well, I am looking for some brackish stuff right now. However, I also thought it might be a good idea to get a thread going with links to the most popular online sources for livestock. The link provided by gmccreedy is a good start.

· Fresh Fish Freak
24,398 Posts
I've been really happy with the livestock I've gotten through Invertz Factory and rmc; both are here on this forum.

I was not happy with BoxLotFish.

That's the extent of my buying fish through the mail to date. (Though I've gotten inverts online quite a bit; mostly from other hobbyists.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.