1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Grindal worms.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Black worms, grindal, white, micro (yes, even my large cories would spazz when I fed the Dario Dario). Anything alive they can eat they go nuts for.

Breed like rabbits too.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it sounds like anything they can fit in their mouths would be good. I was worried about certain things not ending up in the lower part of the tank (it's going to be a species tank)...

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
All of the above mentioned live foods are good. Do some research on how to keep the different types of live food first though. For example, for white worms, you absolutely need to have a cool place year round to keep them. My container does will on the concrete floor in my unheated basement, black worms require refrigeration and daily rinsing with chilled chemical free water. Frozen bloodworms (Hikari brand) are always a hit and although not live, are an excellent conditioning foor for breeding cories and they go nuts for them. You would just need to "shave" off the frozen cube before feeding for the appropriate size for the dwarf cories mouths. When I bred pygmaeus cories that's what I fed them for conditioning food.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Red blood worms that are the larvae of midge flies. my corys go crazy and become sharks going for them. my neons are incredibly active when I feed these also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts