The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I have a single betta fish in a 10 gallon tank, and I was wondering what live food would be the best
I really don't want to use brine shrimp because I would like something bigger. I've been looking at seed shrimp or scuds so if anyone knows a good way to breed them, let me know!!!
I feed him about once a day, and I would like something that I could preferably grow in his tank so he can hunt whenever he wants .

Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Hello!
I have a single betta fish in a 10 gallon tank, and I was wondering what live food would be the best
I really don't want to use brine shrimp because I would like something bigger. I've been looking at seed shrimp or scuds so if anyone knows a good way to breed them, let me know!!!
I feed him about once a day, and I would like something that I could preferably grow in his tank so he can hunt whenever he wants .

Thanks!!
Blackworms are good. You can keep a culture going in a separate tank and they can live forever in your bettas tank (or until he eats them). A good local fish store will probably sell them to you. You can also buy them online but shipping is annoying to pay for them.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Scuds will breed happily in a container with some sand/gravel substrate, something porous like lava rock or sponge, and plant trimmings. You can use a pipette to pick up a few for feeding.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Scuds will breed happily in a container with some sand/gravel substrate, something porous like lava rock or sponge, and plant trimmings. You can use a pipette to pick up a few for feeding.
Where do you find them, are there ‘scud culture starters’?

I don’t know if microworms are too small for bettas but they are SO easy to keep I’m loving them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.