The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone was to add a circuit of LED's that controlled small lengths of LED's strategically placed above plant areas what specific LED flex would be best.

I have some RGBW here but if something is better please speak up. The tank is 28" deep but the plants that I'm caring about right now are tall so I believe smd will work unless something is just a lot better......

Let me stress, these are not tank lights nor moonlights, these are nothing but small grow lights set on timers above the plants.

Thanks
MeCasa

·
Registered
13,080 Posts
If someone was to add a circuit of LED's that controlled small lengths of LED's strategically placed above plant areas what specific LED flex would be best.

I have some RGBW here but if something is better please speak up. The tank is 28" deep but the plants that I'm caring about right now are tall so I believe smd will work unless something is just a lot better......

Let me stress, these are not tank lights nor moonlights, these are nothing but small grow lights set on timers above the plants.

Thanks
MeCasa
5630's......
SMD 3528
consists of one light-emitting chip
dimension of chip : 35 x 28 mm
power: 0.08W/ pearl

SMD 5050
consists of three light-emitting chips
dimension of chip : 50 x 50 mm
power: 0.24W/pearl

SMD 5630
consists of one light-emitting chip
dimension of chip : 56 x 30 mm
power: 0.5W/pearl
SAMSUNG 5630 LED, super brighter

Theoretically, SMD5050 is 3 times brighter than SMD3528. One SMD5630 LED is one and a half more the brightness of a SMD5050.

·
Banned
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since it's straight natural white all I need is a dimmer and timer and I should be good since I still have lots of power capability on my power supply. I can either use a remote dimmer if it doesn't clash with my other remotes or I can use a wall dimmer since I split the copper on two receptacles behind the aquarium so that I have switched receptacles wired to a switch box.

Sure would be nice if I can find 1 meter of wire versus 3 meters generally offered but I'll take what I can get

Thank you very much

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.