The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering a hang on filter for a future ADA Mini S sized tank.

Parameters I'm considering
1. cost, not breaking the bank (In Canada, everything is overpriced)
2. loudness (this will sit beside my desk)
3. ability to adjust flow (I don't want to overwhelm any shrimp)
4. Reliability (very important, no leaking, no sudden seizing)
5. Ability to shove a stainless steel intake grate on it
6. Appearance and size
-size: not so tiny I can't stuff plants or bio media in it, not so big that it sucks up from the rest of the tank
-appearance: algea doesn't bother me, but I don't want it sticking out like a sore thumb
7. Ability to clean / do maintenance on

(not necessarily in order of importance)

What is your perspective, and why?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I have always wanted to try one of these. Looks like the best of canister and hob worlds.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I've had fantastic luck with the deep blue professional biomaxx 10 filters, very quiet, easy to clean, good room for media, adjustable flow though I normally run them fill out once they break in, been going for 2 years with very very minimal cleaning (like once because i was curious), last I checked they were $12 on Amazon us, I assume they will take a stainless screen as they take a standard fluval sponge intake cover.

I run them on a 3g tall and 5g standard tank and an very pleased with them. They also offer a nano size which is significantly smaller though I haven't had any experience with it if the 10 is to big

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.