The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a food that brings out the color and is best for them. have read the breeding section for rcs but was wondering wut yall feed ur shrimp. im feeding mine vegie wafers now. but they seem to be fadeing in color. im not blaming the food on this but i would like to know if there is a better food for them.
they are in a 20l with 2 sponge filters and a rapids mini canister filter with a sponge covering the inlet. water is about 78 deg or so and i am seeing babies already.!!!! ty

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Do a search for Shirakura and find Gabe's ad. Order the shrimp food. The mineral powder is good for peace of mind too. I use the baby shrimp food too, but I can't say that it's necessary if you have algae and micro organisms in the tank.

Gabe's in Japan but you wouldn't know it from the prompt shipping. One bag may seem a bit steep, but I have four shrimp tanks and I'm still on the first bag I bought last year. When you see the shrimp zoom for it your understand why people rave about it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree with dbos. I have been using Shirakura for a while now, and they are wonderful. Every time I toss in a piece all the shrimps will swarm it turning into a feeding frenzy.

·
Registered
203 Posts
What options for food other than Shirakura are there if you only have one tank with shrimp?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i found gabe and sent him a pm the other day no response yet. thanks everyone for the reply's!! thats wut they are eating now is algae wafers and i did throw some blood worms in there but they sat for a while and i ended up having to remove them

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Hello, I sent you a PM. How many shrimp? Less than 30 shrimp all you need to feed the shrimp is half a pellet of Shirakura. 30-60 shrimp 1 pellet, 60-90 shrimp 1 1/2 pellets. If the food is not gone after half a day pull it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts