The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a 20g high aquarium setup and will have some Julii corydoras (approx 6 or so).

What is the recommended (assume it will be the sinking type) fish food for Corys, especially in a fresh, new tank (won't be very much "fish food" for them to sift for to start!).

Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feed my corys live Grindal worms, flakes, Ken's Premium Catfish Pellets, Ken's Premium Earthworm Sticks, and Ken's Premium Brine Shrimp Sticks.

Ken's food is so inexpensive you can afford to keep a variety on hand.
Given the shipping charge, I'd probably buy all or none from Kens. If I understand it correctly, I can freeze ALL of his food that I'm not using for feeding? And if so, should I keep it in small ounce-sized containers and when I need to refill, simply pull out of freezer and re-fill the container?

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Given the shipping charge, I'd probably buy all or none from Kens. If I understand it correctly, I can freeze ALL of his food that I'm not using for feeding? And if so, should I keep it in small ounce-sized containers and when I need to refill, simply pull out of freezer and re-fill the container?
You probably can freeze it with no problems, but I haven't. I keep my extra in ziplock bags and it stayed fresh for a year before I had to reorder. I keep the flakes in an old Tetra flake container. His shipping prices are crazy, but the food is so cheap and plentiful it definitely evens out. To get equal amounts of his food at the pet store would cost you 3x as much at least.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I am a huge fan of wardleys sinking shrimp pellets. My corys can't get enough and spawn constantly, my other fish love it too!

·
Registered
952 Posts
I dont normally recommend wardley but just like zoea my cory's go mad for that stuff! Other than that I feed blood worms, tubifex worms, NLS community pellets, then a little bit of spirulina flakes.

·
Registered
465 Posts
And crushed algae wafers to make sure they get veggie in their system. Or boiled cucumber :)

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I've been feeding the cories in both of my tanks Aqueon shrimp pellets. They're readily available at the LFS. They don't stay pelletized for long once they sink but I see that as a good thing for the cories.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Ken's food eh? Not to hijack, but I'm keeping a smaller inhabitant tank (RCS, espei rasboras and pygmy corys) and was wondering if anyone has tried the 1mm Ken's pellets...thinking they might be a pretty good food for both the espeis and corys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.