The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Hope all is well. New to this forum. Have been keeping smaller aquascape for some years and now starting with an ada 60p.

Searching for the very best external filter available. What do you think that would be? Reading a lot about the oceans 350 thermo. But less about Fluval (07, Fx, advanced filtration system?).

What is the very best filter one could buy in the EU for a heavy planted ada 60p, if the criteria would be low maintenance once everything is setup (e.g. inline thermo is ok) and low noise. I don't mind the looks, filter will be placed inside a dressoir.

Thanks a lot! And will of course contribute as much as possible to this forum.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Hi all,

Hope all is well. New to this forum. Have been keeping smaller aquascape for some years and now starting with an ada 60p.

Searching for the very best external filter available. What do you think that would be? Reading a lot about the oceans 350 thermo. But less about Fluval (07, Fx, advanced filtration system?).

What is the very best filter one could buy in the EU for a heavy planted ada 60p, if the criteria would be low maintenance once everything is setup (e.g. inline thermo is ok) and low noise. I don't mind the looks, filter will be placed inside a dressoir.

Thanks a lot! And will of course contribute as much as possible to this forum.
The oase 350 thermo has the advantage of having the heater built in and a prefilter that is removed without taking off the top. Fluval has neither of these features. I believe eheim has a line of filters with heaters built in. You can always use another filter and use an inline heater but it's nice to have it included in the filter itself. The oase filter I have (100 thermo) is very quiet. The downside to the filter is cost. They are expensive for the water volume they pump. But if I didn't mind the cost the oase 350 thermo would be my go-to for a 60p.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.