The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some java ferns, anubias, and mosses attached to driftwood. Would using the osmocote gel caps benefit these plants at all? I just started mixing stump remover, Fleet enema, Epsom salt, and potassium sulfate with water and dosing. Does anyone have experience using both methods, and if so, which is better? Would using a combination of both be better?

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
The gel caps go in the substrate and are great for fertilizing swords and crypts of which you have none, skip it for now.

The stump remover [nitrate and potassium], fleet enema [phosphate], epsom salts [magnesium] are great water column nutrients. You still need micros, perhaps just use one of the Seachem products?

You forgot plaster of paris for calcium! I have used the other products but haven't tried plaster of paris yet.

Sure sounds odd, doesn't it? We avoid ammonium and urate for nitrogen so some of us cheapskates hunt for products outside gardening!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.