The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get someone a divided tank for Christmas and can’t find the one i was looking at in store online. It had a waterfall into one side with a diagonal built in divider. One side was 2.4 and the other 1.8 any ideas? Or other 5G divided tanks?

·
Banned
85 Posts
I'm actually in the same boat. I'd like something divided three ways if possible and with minimal framing -and- I don't want the water in each to be siloed. Probably looking at a custom build unless there are similar crazies out there like me but who managed to build up a business around their eccentricities.

I currently have two 2.5s divided with store-bought dividers meant for 10g tanks. Modifying these was not particularly easy and it looks pretty hacky when all said and done.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the I found the one I want to get online and I can get it in store. What worries me is that it’s top fin brand and I don’t know what to do if I need to get a different filter or something. No room with the lid to smack another one on so Im a little concerned. I am a beginner getting it for a beginner sooo… Heck I don’t know. Thoughts?

Heres the link if you want it Top Fin® Split Angle Waterfall Desktop Aquarium | fish Starter Kits | PetSmart.

·
Banned
85 Posts
It's definitely different. Certainly for someone but, I imagine experienced aquarists would find it impractical. Particularly the cleaning in that 45° angle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts