The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best AQUARIA RELATED deal you ever ran across at a garage sale, flea market, etc ?

·
Banned
5,279 Posts
100 Gal plexi tank, stand and canopy $25

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
40g breeder for $40 from Petco. Hey, it saved me over $60!

Really don't find much around here aquarium related. If you do it's an old filter, crusty 10g tank, or some heater that would probably explode the second you plug it in.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Not a flea market or garage sale but a friend of mine was doing maintenance work for an apartment complex, saw a fish tank at my house asked if I wanted a big one that someone left in an apartment when they moved out. I said sure, he showed up with a brand new (the stickers were still on!) AGA 90 gallon. Total cost a couple of beers!

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts
Not a flea market or garage sale but a friend of mine was doing maintenance work for an apartment complex, saw a fish tank at my house asked if I wanted a big one that someone left in an apartment when they moved out. I said sure, he showed up with a brand new (the stickers were still on!) AGA 90 gallon. Total cost a couple of beers!
That is going to be hard to beat.......DC

·
Registered
299 Posts
2 Ehiem 2213s for 50$

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OMG!!! Luck! LOL

·
Registered
842 Posts
I won a 90 on ebay for $350
It came with:
Wood stand and hood
220w CF
10lb CO2 bottle
Brand new regulator w/solenoid and bubble counter
Ph controller
Eheim 2028 pro II
50lbs of flourite, tons of filter media, every spare part you could possibly imagine, nets, food, plumbing, seachem tests, bags of fertilizers, bottles upon bottles of water conditioners and ferts that had never been opened, nets and scrapers and all kinds of stuff....

I basically carried it inside, filled it with water and VIOLA! I didn't have to buy a single item for that tank to this date- except plants...

It was the best score of my life.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I won a 90 on ebay for $350
It came with:
Wood stand and hood
220w CF
10lb CO2 bottle
Brand new regulator w/solenoid and bubble counter
Ph controller
Eheim 2028 pro II
50lbs of flourite, tons of filter media, every spare part you could possibly imagine, nets, food, plumbing, seachem tests, bags of fertilizers, bottles upon bottles of water conditioners and ferts that had never been opened, nets and scrapers and all kinds of stuff....

I basically carried it inside, filled it with water and VIOLA! I didn't have to buy a single item for that tank to this date- except plants...

It was the best score of my life.
You are very Lucky :D

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
That is going to be hard to beat.......DC
Yeah beats me,

55g tank, pretty new got from a neighbor who got it from the side of the road... a few scratches on the trim holds water!

And its what got me to this horribly wonderfully forum

Ohh, and how about free moss?(story of my life lol!)

Probably more... supposed to get a bunch of stuff from a PO lady

-Andrew

·
Banned
418 Posts
My bro knew I was into fish and found 4 65 plexi tanks behind a red lobster that was closing down. He asked if they where throwing them away and I picked them up. All pre-drilled for overflow and sumps and not a scratch on any of them. Kept one and sold the other 3 for $120 each.

·
►◊Ö Ï Ç◊◄
965 Posts
150 gal with VHO lighting 4x 160 watt 72" bulbs also stand and filters for $300 but was sold when I went to college. I so miss that tank.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Huge Glass Tank with Oak Veneers Hood and Base.
Dimensions were 5Foot by 4 Foot by 3 Foot Deep - YES 3 foot Deep. for 150GBP. But once home logistics of its weight when filled were tooo costly. so had to sell it. Plus where i wanted it to go. Mum had bought a dining set and that was more important to her than the biggest tank i had ever seen for that price. It Also Came wih a 2 foot square peice of red moor aswell

1 - 18 of 18 Posts