The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Holy Batman! That is simply awesome on so many levels. You know that I am wanting some of that now for my algae collection right? Total envy. And wkndracer was right, this was worthy of my coming out of my hiding spot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What's funny is that sponge probably does more work than the canister does. I've been going back to simple sponge filters more lately. I just ordered a giant block of foam from angelsplus to build a big in-tank sponge filter for my angelfish tank. The filter and other equipment will be hidden inside a raised platform made out of cork bark. It's covered with a tray of gravel that can be lifted off to get to the sponge for cleaning.

I'm already doing weekly 50 gallon water changes... all the canister does is trap detritus that I'd rather siphon out. Canister filters are a money train and I'm getting off!

·
Registered
9,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Holy Batman! That is simply awesome on so many levels. You know that I am wanting some of that now for my algae collection right? Total envy. And wkndracer was right, this was worthy of my coming out of my hiding spot.
I think it's pretty cool. ;)

What's funny is that sponge probably does more work than the canister does. I've been going back to simple sponge filters more lately. I just ordered a giant block of foam from angelsplus to build a big in-tank sponge filter for my angelfish tank. The filter and other equipment will be hidden inside a raised platform made out of cork bark. It's covered with a tray of gravel that can be lifted off to get to the sponge for cleaning.

I'm already doing weekly 50 gallon water changes... all the canister does is trap detritus that I'd rather siphon out. Canister filters are a money train and I'm getting off!
I just think its hilarious and also quite impressive at the same time. Looks like a hairy cylinder on the intake.

Personally I love my canisters and have been completely satisfied with my Eheim Classics for the years I have employed their use and im sure that I will for many years to come too. :proud:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.