The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey TPT what do you guys think would be the best regulator under $100. I was about to get a Milwaukee MA957 and a 10 lb tank but I wanted to check with you guys to see if there are any other options. I do not want to deal with buying used if I don't have to. Thanks.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Harbor freight has one for around $35. I've had great luck with it for 3years now.

Just remember all regulators need a needle valve... I didn't know that when I started & thought the regulator wasn't working right. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
When you ask about a reg for under $100, It brings a question ? There is often confusion on what a reg involves. Do you mean the regulator alone or do you mean as a total setup to deliver CO2? Many new regs can be found under $100.
Do a search for beer brewers sites and you will likely find several.
But if you are talking reg, solenoid and needle valve, etc., you are not going to find much. Throw in getting a tank and it is likely to run, $150-200 depnding on luck and shopping savvy. (stamina?)

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I haven’t seen much feedback on the rest of the inexpensive regulators but there are a few others out there. The Milwaukee comes with the solenoid, needle valve and a bubble counter which makes it a pretty good deal. I even found a package with tubing when I bought mine.
You need to keep an eye on it and you need to adjust it properly. It is not the high end regulator but it is fine if you are careful especially as it gets top the end of the tank. CO2 is cheap. It costs me 10 bucks every 6 months to get a full 10 lb tank. So I don’t mind if I haven’t waited till the last ounce has been used.

·
Registered
669 Posts
The cheap regulators are hit/miss.

You may get one that works flawlessly for years, you may have a dud that requires constant attention.

Support is what is important for me since I am a beginner to all of this. That is why I like buying from GLA.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Green leaf aquarium sells the v3 for I think $130 but for reliability and quality build I think it's worth it paying the extra amount.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts