The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Saddletramp
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a top quality diffuser. Any suggestions? Anything to know when making a selection?
Thanks in advance, Bill

·
Saddletramp
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tanks which diffuser could be used on are 20L to 40L.
Also have 100 gal and 125 gal. i have a pin wheel impeller pump for those.
Will probably start with the 20 L first.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm an advocate of the co2 reactors. They beat up the co2 bubbles a bit more so you don't get as many in your tank making it look like 7UP. If you can't build one, then I'd recommend the inline co2 atomizers, they're more efficient than the in-tank bubblers.

·
Saddletramp
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is no need for a filter as this tank only has potted Cryptocorynes in it.
I guess the simplest method would be to just put a GreenLeaf diffuser down into the water and let the diffused micro-bubbles be carried around in the water by the current.
Does that sound about right?
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Bill

·
Registered
963 Posts
There is no need for a filter as this tank only has potted Cryptocorynes in it.

I guess the simplest method would be to just put a GreenLeaf diffuser down into the water and let the diffused micro-bubbles be carried around in the water by the current.

Does that sound about right?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Bill

I was thinking of doing the same thing in a Mini-S tank. Principle similar to the old air lift tubes on the under gravel filters but without the tubes. Currently DSMing plants including crypts, java fern and Monte Carlo. When flooding the tank, will install an in-tank glass diffuser in the back corner, hooked up to a paintball CO2 set up. My plan B is to add a little Rio 50 powerhead over the diffuser to agitate the Co2 bubbles and create a stronger circulation pattern. :bounce:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Saddletramp
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ordered an in-tank diffuser from GlA as suggested.
They were helpful and suggested what to buy for the situation.
That to all contributors to this thread.
Bill

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Let us know how you like it when you get it, I will be updating my 75 gallon soon and will be looking for a new diffuser.

·
Saddletramp
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
75mm diffuser with built in check vale should be here today from GLA. It will take a few weeks to have any sort of an evaluation on how this diffuser will augment plant growth.
Will be trying it on the following Crypts: striolata, bullosa, keei, uenoi and a nurii. Should be very interesting.
We just got another 2" of snow last night. I think we are now up to about 76" for the season. That a lot of snow to be cleared off streets for a city the size of Chicago. Where do you put it?
Bill

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I am also planning on getting the 75mm diffuser from GLA, I have an ADA pollen glass beetle 50, but I broke the the glass down tube and since then have really had a distaste for the glass style diffusers. Every time I take it out of the tank to clean in always worried about it, but alas it still works and I will be moving it into my 10 gallon once I get a replacement for my 75 gallon. I will be keeping an eye on this post to see what you think about your new diffuser, can't wait to see the progress!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello im new to this forum and my ? Is if i put the outlet of my co2 in the inlet to my fluval fx5 when the filter perges all the air out every day it throws alot og bubbles out the retern would it make a sudden drop in ph. ??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts