The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been running a PB CO2 setup on my 75g until I can get an all out pressurized system for it and then move this to either my 29 or 10g tank, but in the mean time this is what I have to work with. It came with the nano glass diffuser but seems like I need to have my co2 at >5bps to keep my DC green. I am considering getting a larger or better diffuser for this tank and then use it on the full pres system when I get it.

With that being said what would be the best type of diffuser/atomizer to get? A larger Glass ceramic disc one? the "atomic" style? Inline 16/22mm for the output on my eheim? I dont have the space for a DIY reactor so that is not an option right now.

Thanks for any and all input since I would like to buy the right one the first time.

Thanks Ben

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually doing that until I put the suface skimmer on it to clean off that annoying oily sheen from the surface. Now it doesnt have enough suction to pull in the mist so I moved it to the intake of my AC 110 and now over behind a Koralia 750gph water circulator. Is this still more than suffucient? The only place I dont see little bubbles is in the very bottom sides of the tank.

Also thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Do this:

100% efficient and no little bubbles in your tank. :)

Here is the link (I used the weakest powerhead that I could find -- the RIO 90+):

http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/CO2Generator.html

I did something similar with DIY CO2 in my 40 G:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItnjwJ2-8k0

Oh, and another cool benefit is that you don't need a solenoid valve -- you can just have the power head turn off with your lights (however, that does waste CO2 for a tank system, but works great for DIY that can't be turned off).

·
Plant Clown
4,729 Posts
With 5bps, I'm surprised you stay green with a diffuser on a 75g. In fact, I'm almost amazed. I do 4bps with a 100% efficient DIY reactor on a 30g with minimal surface agitation. I gave up on drop checkers, after initial measurements, long ago.

Regardless, an Atomic diffuser will be more efficient than any glass/ceramic diffuser. Period. As long as you're determined to use a diffuser, and your regulator can do 40psi, go for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts