The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have weird like 13-20 gallon long tank. I am going to set up a dirted tank. I will add wisteria, crypts, amazon swords but I want some sort of carpet plant. I will have to clamp on lights probably 23wat CFl 6500k lights. So my question is what carpet plant would work out? Ive seen people be successful with DHG and sometimes HC, Im willing to be patient so just trying to find the best carpet for my low tech dirted tank. Let me know thanks!!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I have weird like 13-20 gallon long tank. I am going to set up a dirted tank. I will add wisteria, crypts, amazon swords but I want some sort of carpet plant. I will have to clamp on lights probably 23wat CFl 6500k lights. So my question is what carpet plant would work out? Ive seen people be successful with DHG and sometimes HC, Im willing to be patient so just trying to find the best carpet for my low tech dirted tank. Let me know thanks!!
If you're not running co2 I'd shy away from HC. You may have some success with DHG but it will grow really slow. Look into dwarf sag or s. repens. My 55 low tech dirted non co2 tank has dwarf sag in it and carpets like crazy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.