The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wanted to hear about people's experiences with the various brands. From a lot of my research it sounds like Tropica is the best but it is not a readily available brand in the USA.

·
Banned
628 Posts
I put some Crypts in on Tuesday. The containers were labled UNS. They look great. I've seen their tanks in a couple of stores. Nice low iron tanks. I saw something else too but I can't remember what it was. I've never heard of UNS before. Apparently they're a big deal. The cave I live in doesn't get good internet.

·
Registered
60-P high tech, 45-P low tech
134 Posts
I love tissue culture, and have had great results with ADA, which I bought online through Aqua Forest Aquarium. They have always sent me fresh looking cups. I have also had great results with UNS through Glasa Aqua.

I've haven't yet tried these two places but have heard good things about:
Buceplant seems like a popular place to grab tissue cultures and they have a nice variety.
GLA also grows their own.

Be sure to request a heat pack if you're sending it in a cold region or time of year.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I've had access to the following cultures, UNS, Aquatic Farmer, Petco, and Petsmart.

I've found that the best by far is UNS. Second on the list is petco believe it or not (if they are fresh and only if they are fresh). Aquatic Farmer is pretty common but I have found their cultures to be the worst by a fair amount. Even Petsmart is more generous in the amount of plant matter per culture then Aquatic Farmer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.