The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if I missed this in my search ...

What is the best bottle/container for yeast CO2? I read somewhere that 2L Soda bottles were not all that good ... someone suggested juice bottles? Any advice?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
1 gallon Gatorade bottles work really well. Very sturdy, strong lid, large capacity.

·
Registered
31 Posts
:hihi: Thats what i use. Much more stable than a 2 liter. Caps are easier to get off under pressure also because of the wider grip.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use 2L and 3L bottle, with rubber stoppers from a science surplus store. The rubber stoppers come with a hole through the middle and i just insert std. airline tubing in and everything fits tightly so theres no need to use anything to seal.

·
Banned
5,279 Posts
I tried many and had the best results with the hard plastic 3qt apple juice bottle.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i have been trying a one gallon hawiian punch bottle for mine. I figured it would be a good volume and i filled it just to the part where it started to slope in hoping that having a larger surface area would allow for faster out put into my tank.

So far so good, been having a few leaking problems in my bubble counting crap collector so i took it outa the loop again to test the reactor that i finished building with left overs from buying another 120 this week.

I think i'll stick with this bottle until i can come across something better i have two puppies and a two liter would be a bomb for them to play with i dont want a mess like that.

Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts