The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you say the best background plants are for 10g? They need to be low-light I think....I just have the Marineland LED hood that came with the 10g. I have anacharis planted now but my snails keep digging it up and it looks better floating anyway!. Should I go with java fern probably? But java fern needs to be tied to something though doesn't it? Thanks :fish1:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
low light and u need a stem plant? ummm thats VERY VERY limited lol vals would do fine but all plants will grow supper slow as its low light... but vals, hornworts, anachris, chain swords if you like them grow out they can reach the top of your tank...

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Crypts would probably work. As far as lighting goes, I would almost say ditch the hood and go for a couple desk lamps with full-spectrum or daylight bulbs. Should give you a bit more light, and it can look better.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
There are many cheap and widly avail ones. Rotala rodufolia, Bacopa australis, water sprite or something...google low light plants and if you are unsure, post them here and we can help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.