The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, any recommendations on the fastest easiest to grow carpet plant in a no co2, either black diamond blasting sand or eco complete in relatively hard water? Probably closer to medium light, I’ve had high light and oh man the algae growth. Coming back to the hobby after a hiatus. I’ve had slow success with h cuba, dwarf hair grass in the past. But not opposed to it again!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Fastest would be manually planting a carpet of dwarf crypts like crypt parva. Instant carpet if you plant enough from the start.

Split / divide larger plants as they grow and plant into thinner spots of the carpet.

Works perfect for lower light tank or tanks with no CO2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
3 weeks ago I planted few Marsilea crenata from in vitro emerge plant , I'm using co2 for a month only to make the transition faster. this is a plant that tolerate a ph of 5 – 8 pH and medium lighting

as you can see on the photo, the transition to immerge is nearly complete and only few dead leaves left, they multiply like creasy

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, I'll second the H. tripartita; I've had good luck with it in a low tech setup as well. If it starts growing upwards, cut and replant. It will get "trained" pretty quickly to stay low.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts