The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, so I got these dwarf crays what...maybe a month or so ago?

I have three berried females already! Wow, they're almost as fast as RCS!

I kept them at about 78-79*F and fed them often. I kept them with my RCS, but after they started to get a little nippy, I put them in my 40 gallon community tank...I hope at least some of the babies survive in the community tank. Or should I move the females somewhere else?

PS: Posted here since there's no inverts forum. ;)

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Wow, so I got these dwarf crays what...maybe a month or so ago?

I have three berried females already! Wow, they're almost as fast as RCS!

I kept them at about 78-79*F and fed them often. I kept them with my RCS, but after they started to get a little nippy, I put them in my 40 gallon community tank...I hope at least some of the babies survive in the community tank. Or should I move the females somewhere else?

PS: Posted here since there's no inverts forum. ;)
If the babies do not have hiding places, I suggest you move them to a different tank. Maybe back with your RCS. Feed them lots of food so they do not bother your RCS much. I keep mine with them. You are going to be flooded with babies in no time.

Good luck,
Pedro

·
Banned
560 Posts
I am getting in a few of these soon:biggrin: Just wondered what are you feeding them and how often? Do the crays pose a problem with any plants in your experance with them?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I am getting in a few of these soon:biggrin: Just wondered what are you feeding them and how often? Do the crays pose a problem with any plants in your experance with them?
I feed them HIkari crab pellets. And I do feed them a very good quantity of pellets every day. I keep snails in the tank to clean the excess food. I have cherries in there.

-Pedro

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ditto. HBH Crab Bites, 1/5th of a Hikari Algae Wafer too. I have a few large dead leaves in there too.

Thanks for the advice, Pedro. I'll move them back later today. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts