The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This orchid sold already, but see new offering below.

SOLD [strike] I have a specimen of Prosthechea cochleata, the octopus orchid, that I can send your way for $9 plus shipping. USPS shipping will start at $6 and increase for destinations far away. I will just knock the plant out of the pot for shipping and you can repot in orchid bark media. I can also include fresh orchid bark for an additional charge.

This is a distintive plant and very easy to grow and bloom. It does not require especially high humidity and you can keep it easily on a window through the winter, though it will appreciate to be outdoors or on a patio during the summertime.

Just look at the interesting purple + green upside-down flowers of this plant...[/strike]

Google: Prosthechea cochleata

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey I have another mounted orchid here that I'd like to move... this Berkeria spectabilis yours for $12.

It's easy to grow and easy to bloom.

USPS Priority shipping will start at $6 for destinations not far away.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You don't pot it ever. It just stays on the mount. This plant likes to have its roots growing out into the air. The mount has a hooked wire onit that you can use to hang up somewhere.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes it is an epiphytic plant so it's better to leave it on the mount. It dries out fast so it is better to water it at least every couple of days. The easiest way to water it is to just dunk it in a pail of water. If you dunk it in a fish tank every once in a while that will help it to get more of the fertilizer nutrients that it needs.

·
Registered
838 Posts
How large is it? I have a 5gal vertical terrarium with live background (no inhabitants) that I am in the process of constructing and I wanted a small easy orchid. I am guessing that it would be fairly humid, but I do have a 7 in sq. vent. It will have a 15w 5500k light. Do you think it could survive?
Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.