The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a bent fish last night that I euthanized. he/she was bent when veiwed from the top, and seemed was just swimming next to a plant leaning over.

almost all the websites talking about diagnosing different fish diseases mention things like lesions, problems with scales, bloting,, etc.. the problem with I had was the fish was a ghost cat fish.. I couldn't see any problem other than he was bent like the muscles on one side of him were spasmed and locked up charlie horse style.

I plan on keeping an eye on all my other fish (30 cardinals, one more glass/ghost cat fish, albino ancistris.. multiple shrimp and snails... )

I had just performed an approximately 30% water change using slightly warmer water than the tank (by a few degrees).. that is the only thing really that could have done something.

I looked up fish TB and sporazoa .. both required identifying other aspects of the fish.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The only time i've seen a bent fish, it was caused by the fish getting physically injured. Especially if it was sudden. Could something have hit him during the WC? Banged by the gravel vac, maybe something fell on him?...

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've had that before a couple times, mainly with my danios because they would get themselves stuck in the gravel and random places, then come out with a bent spine, they always lived though but for the first day or so after they would be swimming funny and look unhappy, but a few day later, back to normal just a little odd looking!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.