The Planted Tank Forum banner

121 - 140 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
ADA 60-P : Island Plains : Evil Re-Planning Underway

The last 2 pages of your journal have been about fertilizers...

I'm just confused as to why you'd buy dry ferts, ship them to someone else, have them use a publically-accessible online calculator to make the solutions for you, then have them ship the bottles back to you. Seems like a total waste of money, time, and effort. Maybe i'm missing something here? :confused:

Anyhow, please pardon my suggestion...
Your tank looks much better without the sand. Nice scape!
Yeah I tried to change the topic though :S and the point is that I'm lazy and don't have much time everyday, being a full-time student, and a pump is easier than measuring out separate ferts dry, like b4 :p
Thanks about the sand, I plan on an HC carpet. I plan on visiting the lfs tomorrow and spending a lot of $$$. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yeah I tried to change the topic though :S and the point is that I'm lazy and don't have much time everyday, being a full-time student, and a pump is easier than measuring out separate ferts dry, like b4 :p
Thanks about the sand, I plan on an HC carpet. I plan on visiting the lfs tomorrow and spending a lot of $$$. :D

Have fun at the LFS tomorrow. Post your spoils!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Co2 upgrade? What you got plan? And I need me some Rotala Butterfly, that looks awesome.

You can try getting your dad to built you a custom regulator system, it will give him an excuse to buy tools.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Co2 upgrade? What you got plan? And I need me some Rotala Butterfly, that looks awesome.

You can try getting your dad to built you a custom regulator system, it will give him an excuse to buy tools.
How much butterfly u need? I got easy access to lots.

The CO2 upgrade is glassware, lol. We're building a new stand next weekend so I need a new bubble counter/regulator that fits the design. Wait... Did I say something about needing new tools? If I did, oops.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
^ Thanks for the offer but I doubt they will survive the trip here. It's getting cold, colder than a Polar bear's toe nail. Oh yo, forgot to ask, how your HC Cuba farm going?
I'll pack some warm California sunshine in there ;)

The farm is going good, I mixed in some of my special super hydroabsorbic polymers so I don't have to mist as much :D

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Naw, I heard it was bio-degradable. I wonder if it would break down in a tank. What glassware of Co2 are you getting? Or is it a surprise? I use a cig filter.
New Clear tubes and a ceramic glass diffuser with a counter built in.

In other news, the HC and Hydrocoytle is rooting! This is the first time carpets are working (hopefully I don't jinx myself), usually they don't root and they just sit there until a fish starts eating it. I'll post pictures when I get home. I just can't wait to build my new stand with my dad!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
You're supposed to increase the light when you see further growth like this? Is it to make it more compact?
I think as long as the plant is hugging the substrate, you'll be fine. Maybe it's just the water up north here.

We have a saying about tap water where I'm from -

"If it's brown, drink it down. If it's black, send it back."

121 - 140 of 282 Posts