The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a new seafood restaurant in town, Benjamin's Seafood Room, that is really good. It's a bit upscale, but the prices are reasonable. Here's a review.

They have a huge menu and different daily endless specials Monday through Thursday for $8.99. Grouper, Shrimp and Flounder, Shrimp, and Flounder in that order. Friday and Saturday are endless crab legs for $25.99. The record for the largest amount of crab legs eaten there is 77 platers! Oysters on the half shell are $.75. A waiter told me that he has seen people order 200 to 250 of them. They have 13 hot sauces that you can try. Weed Killer and Da' Bomb are the hottest.

It's fresh. They do not sell farmed seafood. It is freshly line-caught. They do not sell and endangered species.

I've eaten there six times already. Yesterday and today were the fifth and sixth times. Yesterday was all-you-could-eat (endless) popcorn shrimp night (and they mean it too). I like the broiled. They come with cheese biscuits, cole slaw and a platter of thinly cut crispy french fries that are like potato sticks. The spices that they use on broiled food are terrific.

Anyway, they kept bringing me platter after platter of these shrimp. After my sixth platter, they waiter asked me if I wanted another. I told him no. I then said to him that I felt like if I ate anymore that I would probably grow a curly tail and start rooting about in the yard. The poor guy tried not to laugh, but he couldn't stop and he practically howled. I was chuckling too. That was a good time.

My neighbor and went there this evening for the endless flounder. I had four platters of broiled flounder fillets that were terrific. Then I asked him to bring me some fried. Gosh, those were the best fried flounder that I've ever had. They had a delicious crispy coating and you couldn't taste any oil. I had to get just one more platter of fried before we left. Gosh, that was a good meal.

This place has a nice bar with three large HDTV's. You can get Red Oak draft beer and others, imports and domestics. They have eight specialty rum drinks for $6 and $7 and a large wine selection. You can even dine outdoors if you wish.

I might be going back tomorrow. As you can tell, I really like this place.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That place sounds pretty killer, and the prices sound good too. Sadly, I am way over here on the other side of the country.
Of course a place like that out here would cost 4 times the prices you listed. Darn this place called California.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went there tonight for the endless crab legs. Gosh, they were great. They are seasoned when cooked. The butter is in a nice little metal cup on a wire stand with a tiny fire in a container underneath it to keep the butter warm. It's a trick little device.

My salad had a Champagne Vinaigrette dressing and my side was a Tomato, Cheese & Grits Casserole. Both of these were awesome.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im sure the food there's good .but keep reading this thread making me hungry and iam already FAT.:)
Heck kali, I went back there tonight. I got a peck (25) of oysters for $0.75 each and their seafood, sausage and chicken gumbo. Plus a salad with that same Champagne Vinaigrette dressing. It is great food at a very good price!

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Might be worth a road trip!
There are three restaurants together side-by-side all owned by the same person. They are on S. Church St across from the Pontiac, Buick, GMC dealership.

B. Christopher’s, the Classic American Restaurant: Elegant dining! Wonderful food. Not Cheap.
B’s Bistro and Micro Lounge: I haven't been there yet. Beautiful girls hang out there. Elon, UNC-G, Guilford College, etc.
Benjamin's Sea Food Room: Yum.

These three restaurants all offer great dining.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts