The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a finnex 24/7 light on a 4' 75 gallon. I've been dosing excel daily, and i'm wanting to get my plants looking better. they look pretty good now, but i'd like them to be less 'leggy'.

is co2 overkill for what I believe to be a medium light tank? am I going to be trimming plants weekly with co2?

thanks!
Ridley

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
I don't know if it will help the "legginess". It might allow you to use more light which should help with that. I remember reading Tom Barr's thread on here where he talked about how much better his low tech buce only tank did once he added CO2.

·
Registered
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
408 Posts
No it won't be overkill. You can adjust how much co2 goes in. I don't do a hell of a lot, like not even close to the 1.0 pH change. It helps my 75g have healthy plants is all. Anubias in there grows faster than no CO2 and similar lighting in both tanks. Some things like Wisteria and such, I had to trim nearly weekly, at least every other week. But it's much slower than that on a tank without CO2.

So I guess it depends on what's in there. If you have a lot of slower growing things, it's worth it to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts