The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hav finally found a forum! i am just getting into planted tanks again so i need some help.
1st. What are some plants that grow good in a ten gallon gravel tank?
2nd. what kind of plant is short and leafy and spreads across the bottom of a tank?
3rd. can any piece of wood(cleaned of course) be used as driftwood in an aquarium?

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
i hav finally found a forum! i am just getting into planted tanks again so i need some help.
1st. What are some plants that grow good in a ten gallon gravel tank?
2nd. what kind of plant is short and leafy and spreads across the bottom of a tank?
3rd. can any piece of wood(cleaned of course) be used as driftwood in an aquarium?
Check out the plant section on this website. What kind of lighting are you using? I'm assuming you aren't using any CO2? Fertilizers? This are the kinds of info needed to determine what plants you can grow.

Short plants that spread across the bottom tend to need high lighting or else they grow tall and whither away. Hemianthus Callitrichoides (HC) is good, as well as dwark baby tears.

Driftwood varies as it depends on the where it comes from and what type. Some woods can leach unwanted things into your tanks as well as have an abundance of tannins which gives that yellowish color to your water. Boiling driftwood is always a plus, in addition to soaking it for several weeks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.