The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I am getting a 56 gallon column tank and I needed to see if I have everything I need to start the tank. I have a Fluval 405 for the filtration wanted to see if that's good for the filter? I am buying 4x T5's for lighting I will be getting at least 60 pounds of substrate. For co2 I am doing a paintball co2 tank with regulator. wanted to see if that is good to start the tank??

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I think the only problem is that is a tall tank and you may need different lighting to get deep penetration of the light to the substrate or your plants are going to go all stringy trying to reach the light. How tall is the tank?

·
Registered
4,221 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks isn't there a difference between t5 lighting and t5ho? Isn't t5ho produce higher watts? I was just gonna get t5. My friend works at a really good fish store and he said get a 4 lamp fixture.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
There is. T5NO is nearly extinct though. I don't know all the wattages off the top of my head but 48" T5HO bulbs are 54 watts, 36" T5HO bulbs are 39 watts and the NO bulbs have fewer watts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.